Welcome to our village school from all Governors. We are proud of our village school and the dedicated, caring and professional teaching staff.
The school aims to provide an excellent education for all of its pupils and is ever mindful of its obligations to provide support in order to fulfil the potential of all pupils within its varied curriculum, enabling them to enjoy learning.
The local community has developed strong links with the school over many years and the Friends of the School are actively engaged in yearly fundraising projects to help the school with equipment and visits to support topic work.
Parents are represented on our Governing body and we are always keen to hear and consider the views of the parents of all our pupils.
We sincerely hope that you enjoy visiting our school and look forward to meeting you in the future.
Rodmarton School’s governing body
Linda Baillie: Co-opted Governor
Audrey O’Connor: LA Governor
Christina White: Co-opted Governor
Dee Maclure: Co-opted Governor
Vacant: Staff Governor
Vacant: Parent Governor
Gill Stratford: Clerk to Governors
If you would like to find out more about what governors do, or are interested in joining the governing body, please contact our Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rodmarton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All staff and volunteers are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please refer to the school’s Safeguarding Children Policy for more information.
The governing body’s overall aim is to ensure Rodmarton School provides the best possible education for all the pupils. We have a strong focus on our 3 core strategic functions:
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2. Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
According to our Instrument of Government Rodmarton can have 10 governors, comprised of:
• 1 headteacher – Mr Matthew Smith
• 1 staff governor – TBA
• 1 LA governor –Audrey O’Connor
• 2 parent governors – Deborah Dawkins and Vacancy (TBA)
• 5 co-opted governors – Paul Mulquiney, Michelle Davis, Christina White, Dee Maclure, Linda Baillie
We also have two panels:
• Pay panel: Christina White, Paul Mulquiney, Linda Baillie
• Headteacher appraisal panel: Michelle Davis, Christina White, plus an external advisor
Associate members are not governors but may be appointed by the governing body to sit on committees. They have the right to attend full governing body meetings and receive the agenda and other paperwork, but do not have any voting rights at governing body meetings.
These governors have served at some point over the past 36 months: Matthew Morton, Rachel Morris, Maggie Heaven, Dr Christine Hainsworth, Peter Lucas, Paula Bendle, Bryher Grimes, Sheila Wills, Caroline Musty, Amanda Jessop, Nicola Barrow. Rebecca Makin, Vicky Redding, John Biddulph. Mike Hewitt, Julie Horrell