Come and discover Rodmarton Primary School – a hidden gem on your doorstep…providing equality of opportunity for all.
To create a nurturing environment which inspires each child to achieve their full potential and to leave Rodmarton School as well-rounded young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to be successful citizens in the modern world.
The following values are important to us:
Our ethos is built on our values. We provide equality of opportunity for all our pupils, no matter their starting point, background or early experiences. We are a small, caring and friendly school that treats each pupil as an individual. We seek to help each child understand and develop their particular strengths, interests and talents. We expect everyone to contribute to our community and we encourage pupils to get involved in all aspects of school life. No-one is invisible here and everyone is supported to try new things and to learn through self-reflection and feedback.
When our pupils leave we want them to be better equipped to:
- Communicate ideas and information
- Exercise judgement and responsibility
- Make rational and informed decisions
- Plan and organise
- Respect and collaborate with others
We will do this through:
- embodying the principles of kindness, respect, honesty and integrity
- promoting the best habits of independent thought and learning
- providing a broadly-based, highly enjoyable education, designed to enable all pupils to discover their strengths and to make the most of their talents, within Rodmarton school and into the future
- engendering respect for individuality, difference, the importance of teamwork
- nurturing physical health, emotional maturity and spiritual richness
- fostering curiosity, creativity, self-confidence, enthusiasm, perseverance, resilience and a willingness to rise to the challenge, in pursuit of excellence
- ensuring learning and enrichment opportunities are available to all